Today I wanted to share a piece of knowledge that I’ve learned recently. 6 easy camera transitions that can help you to improve or to spice up your vlogs. Check out the video to see my interpretation of these in-camera transitions that will require minimal or non post-production editing.
Hope you enjoy this tutorial!
6 Easy Camera Transitions
1. Simple cover. Covering your lens completely with any kind of object – your hand, lens cover or even your own body.
2. Spin. The trick here is to keep the same spin in both video clips to make these really smooth and seamless natural motion blur.
3. Whip pan. Whip away your camera from your subject in the first shot and then whip in the next one.
4. Camera shake. Shake your camera to get a natural motion blur.
5. Camera tilt (similar to Whip pan) . Similar to whip but you basically tilt up or down your camera to create the same affect as in Whip pan.
6. The block (similar to Simple cover). Use different objects to cover your lens – wall, chairs, laps etc. Be creative.
P.S. This was first time making a video tutorial for me, I will try to improve with my future videos! And you can make out a Saturday drinking game from this video and have a drink whenever I say “transition”. Hahaha
There are other cool and easy camera transitions that I will discuss in the next video. And how to apply the same transitions for your B-roll! If you know other cool camera tricks that can help improve anyones video skills. Please let me know in the comment section below. Would love to see your versions of these video transitions – send a video if you have an example. Stay tuned for more travel video, vlogs and just more fun!
If you are interested in what kind of gear we use make sure you check out the blog post where we talk all about our gear – Best Travel Gear
If you are more into vlogging see which are the Best Vlogging Cameras for 2018.